If you are required to pay quarterly estimated income tax, an upcoming change in interest rates being imposed by the IRS may have a direct impact on you. Effective April 1st, 2022, corporations and self-employed filers who submit quarterly estimated taxes will see a hike in the interest rates that the agency charges for both overpayments and underpayments.
See Relax Tax’s Amending a Tax Return at relaxtax.com/debtreview
The new rates will be:
- 4% for underpayments;
- 6% for large corporate underpayments
- 4% for overpayments (3% in the case of a corporation)
- 5% for the portion of a corporate overpayment exceeding $10,000
Though these changes will not affect you if you calculate your liability correctly and pay on time each quarter, those taxpayers who have an outstanding balance or who are otherwise out of compliance with their tax obligation need to remember that the longer they take to address the situation, the more their obligation will grow as their liabilities accrue interest at a rate of 3%.
If you have questions on how the new rates will affect you, feel free to contact us at 551-249-1040 today.
- Tax Benefit: The Difference Between Tax Deduction and Tax Credit
- The Qualifications for the 20% Tax Pass-Through Deduction
- Tax Issues That You Can Expect From Gambling
- Be In the Know: The Reason Why Your Tax Return Is Delayed